Off the Record’s Young People’s Advisory Group recently met Dr Tania Mathias, MP for Twickenham and our Patron, to discuss current issues for young people around mental health and to share views on what good mental health care in local schools should look like. The priorities for the group are:
- Raising awareness about mental health
- Prevention through good education so that young people have a better understanding of mental health and how they can help themselves and others
- Early intervention – access to support early on to prevent situations and conditions developing
- Improving the quality of support that young people get when they ask for help
- Trained workforce – training teachers so they have the skills and confidence to support young people
If you’d like to get involved in the work of the group so that you can have your say about issues that are important to you and your friends, get in touch with Sophie Adam to find our how you could help.